Tenure-Track Professorship for the field of Theoretical Particle Physics at the Faculty of Physics of the University of Vienna
At the Faculty of Physics of the University of Vienna the position of a Tenure-Track Professorship for the field of Theoretical Particle Physics (full-time position) is to be filled.
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Doctoral degree/PhD and at least two years post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution; as a general rule, applicants who have completed a doctoral programme at the University of Vienna, must have gained research experience outside the University of Vienna for at least two years
- Outstanding achievements and potential in research, excellent publication record, international reputation
- Experience in designing and participating in research projects, ability to lead research groups, willingness to acquire third-party funding
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, teaching experience at universities or a teaching concept. Candidates are expected to be willing to teach students at all levels (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level), to supervise academic theses and to promote junior colleagues
- The University of Vienna expects the successful candidate to acquire, within three years, proficiency in German sufficient for teaching in bachelor’s programmes and for participation in university committees.
We offer the opportunity to obtain a permanent position and eventual promotion to full professor. The successful candidate is hired as “Assistant professor” for a maximum duration of six years. If the candidate meets the conditions stipulated in the qualification agreement, the assistant professor is promoted to tenured “associate professor”, i.e. obtains a permanent position. If the conditions are not met, the employment will end upon expiry of the contract. Associate professors can be promoted to “full professor” through a university-internal competitive procedure.
see the full text of the call
Reference no.: 9412
The application deadline is 31 March 2019.