Announcement for the position of a Senior Scientist in the Institute of Applied Physics at TU Wien, Biophysics Research Area
We are looking for a candidate with proven expertise in cellular and Single-molecule biophysics.
To be occupied from 1.7.2017, 40 Hours per week; Minimum salary B1: EUR 3.626,60 gross (14x per year)
Completed doctorate or PhD in the field of physics or technical physics.
- Several years of practical experience in the field of high-sensitive and high-resolution optical microscopy as well as in cell biology is required
- The ideal candidate also has excellent knowledge in the field of immunobiology and membrane biophysics
- Experience in the independent implementation of lectures and in the supervision of students
- Experience abroad as well as experience in obtaining third-party funding
- Proof of publication activity in peer-reviewed journals is required
Your area of ??responsibility:
- Contact for university / national and international collaborations in the field of high-resolution optical microscopy on biological systems
- Willingness to hold independent teaching in the field of physics and biophysics in German and English
- Collaboration in organizational and administrative tasks as well as in evaluation measures
- Supervision of the students
Application deadline: 22 June 2017
Announcement in German and English