Winners of the OePG Awards 2014
On September 25, 2014, the following awards have been granted at the 64th Annual Meeting of the OePG 2014 in Poellau:
- Fritz Kohlrausch-Preis: Katrin Amann-Winkel (University of Innsbruck)
for her studies on amorphous ice phases and their relation to ultraviscous liquids.
- Max Auwaerter Award: Stefan Förster (Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg)
talk: "From ultrathin perovskites to oxide quasicrystals"
- Victor Franz Hess Award (section "Nuclear and particle physics"): Susanne Friedreich (ETH Zürich)
for her studies on microwave spectroscopic study of the hyperfine structure of antiprotonic helium-3.
- Anton Paar Science Award for Physics (section "Solid state physics"; award sponsered by Santner Privatstiftung): Rene Hammer (Materials Center Leoben)
Talk: "Lattice simulation of Dirac fermions without fermion doubling: application to spintronics"
- Students' Award: Christian Prehal (Montanuniversität Leoben)
for his master thesis "In-situ SAXS study on the ion dynamics in microporous carbon based supercapacitors"
Jakob Salzer (Vienna University of Technology)
for his diploma thesis "The Cosmological Constant as a Thermodynamic Variable in 2d Dilaton Gravity"
Photos of the award ceremony